Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering
More than 700 researchers and manufacturers from 28 countries discussed innovations and developments in manufacturing, cyberphysical systems and materials processing in Texas A&M University’s Hall of Champions in June. This marked the first time in its 46 years that the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of SME’s North American Manufacturing Research Conference was held in Texas.
• Andres Alcantar, chairman and commissioner of the Texas Workforce Commission
• Takeshi Ebisu, president and chief executive officer of Goodman Global Group, Inc.
• Ahmed Mahmoud, chief information officer of General Motors IT
• Mike Molnar, director of the Advanced Manufacturing National Program Office at the National Institute of Standards and Technology
• John Vickers, principal technologist at the Space Technology Mission Directorate for NASA
“A major benefit to Texas A&M is that many people had never been to the campus before, and the conference was a great opportunity to showcase Texas A&M.”
— Dr. Zhijian Pei, Professor